Monday, July 9, 2012

My Home As Art : : The Grable House : : Pasadena


Meet Jon and his beloved Grable House located in Pasadena.  This lovingly restored California Craftsman is now available for sale.

What do you love most about your home?  Once you are inside the house, although it sits in a great old historic Pasadena neighborhood, you do not see anything but green -- trees, bamboo and a view from the upstairs deck as far as the eye can see.  I live in a vacation getaway right in the middle of town in a house with a pool, a screening room, four bedrooms, parking for three cars, and lush green backyard and a huge shade tree, what else do you want in a home?

What drew you to your home?  When I was looking for a home, I definitely wanted an original California house in the Craftsman style.  These houses were built by serious local woodworkers who really knew their stuff.  I fell in love with this style of architecture in college.  My campus had a major performing arts center designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and I got to know his work and took time to visit a number of his houses and office buildings since then.  After moving to CA finally in 1993, and living coincidentally, right around the corner, I would walk several times a week through this amazing neighborhood and glance at awe at the gorgeous homes along California Blvd and Grand Blvd, wondering if the day would come that I could ever live here!  And here I am!  

What is your favorite thing to do at home?
When I am at home I feel like I am on vacation.  I swim, read and work between my downstairs office, which opens up to the backyard and pool.  At night I have friends over for a screening on the big screen and on weekends to swim in the salt-water pool.  

When I am at home I feel…? sane, relaxed, creative.

What makes your home “ART” ?  My home is Art because it has an energy and a beauty that I have not seen anywhere else.  I am not the kind of person who can live in a cookie cutter, bland, white house.  This house is a bold original that literally has an adventure and a story around each and every corner.

The Grable House
520 West California Blvd.  Pasadena
4 bedrooms / 4 baths
for sale $1,699,000
click HERE for property details and HERE for property website

presented by Ted Clark & Heather Lillard : : deasy/penner&partners : : 626.817.2123



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...